Finding The Right Atlanta Law Firm
Have you been injured due to the negligent actions of another person or business? If the answer is yes, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Negligence occurs when a person or business acts in a careless manner. This may be due to the action or inaction of that individual or business. The result, however, is the victim in the event is injured.
If you have been injured, you should take the following steps:
- Notify emergency personnel if necessary. For example, if the injury occurred as a result of a vehicular accident, notify police and fire/rescue immediately.
- If the injury occurred on the job or in a retail establishment, notify the managers immediately to file a report.
- Seek immediate medical attention for your injuries. It is imperative that you seek medical attention as soon as you are injured. Delaying treatment in any manner could pose a risk to your health.
- Once your medical condition is stabilized, seek legal counsel to see if your rights have been violated.
The insurance carrier for the negligent party may contact you immediately to obtain a statement about the accident. This may even happen while you are still in the hospital. It is very important that you do not provide a written or recorded statement to the insurance company before you speak to a lawyer about the incident. Doing so may affect the outcome of your personal injury case.
Look For A Firm That Can Fully Represent Your Case
Not all Atlanta personal injury firms and federal criminal defense attorney are the same. Some firms only represent specific types of injuries or negligence cases, declining injured parties that do not fit that criterion. Other firms do not have the resources necessary to aggressively represent their clients because of their size or experience.
When you seek legal counsel from a personal injury attorney, you want to make sure that the firm offers the following:
Georgia law only provides an injured party one chance to seek compensation for their injuries. If you do not receive full and just compensation for your injuries when you first bring about a law suit, you will not be able to seek additional compensation.
What A Personal Injury Can Mean To Your Quality Of Life
When you have been injured as the direct result of the negligent action of another person or entity, your entire life can be changed. Depending on the extent of the injury, you may need a lifetime of medical care. You may be subjected to loss of income in the present and the future. Your injury may even prevent you from returning to your profession.
It is important that when your attorney is representing you for this injury that all of these issues are taken into consideration.
Injury victims have specific rights to compensation under the law. They may be entitled to compensation for one or more of the following reasons:
- Medical expenses concerning the injury.
- Future medical treatments necessary to restore quality of life.
- Loss of wages, both current and future.
- Expenses concerning retraining for a new profession if injury prevents the victim to returning to their current position.
- Pain and suffering as a direct result of the injury.
- Loss of enjoyment of life.
Additional compensation may be awarded depending on the specific injuries and events that led to those injuries.
If you are injured, remember:
- Inform appropriate people of the event.
- Seek immediate medical attention.
- Find legal representation to protect your rights by calling Lawyer.