Animal attacks that occur on private or public property are the direct result of negligence of the owner. There are laws that require owners to keep their animals leashed, and there is an implied responsibility of pet owners to keep their pets from leaving their property and harming others.
Animal attacks can cause severe injury to the recipient. Extensive medical care, including plastic surgery, may be required. It is the responsibility of the pet owner to compensate the victim for their inaction to control their pet.
If you have been injured by an animal attack you should:
- Contact the police immediately and file a report
- Seek immediate medical help
- Once you have been medically attended, you should gather information from the pet owner, including information about their home owners or other personal insurance
- Contact an Atlanta personal injury attorney for assistance with your case.
You should not give a written or verbal statement to their insurance company before you have sought the advice of an attorney.
Animal attacks may require the attorney to look at many different issues, such as:
- Does the animal have a history of aggressive behavior
- Has the owner been implicated in an animal attack before
- Has the dog been vaccinated properly
- What type of injuries did the victim sustain, and what is the recommended course of treatment
There are several other issues your attorney will personally discuss with you based on your individual case.
Personal injury attorneys can handle all types of injuries that are a result of negligence outside of animal attacks. These include, but are not limited to:
- Wrongful deaths
- Defective products, medical and commercial
- Product liability cases concerning medications
- Automotive accidents
- Maritime accidents
- Workers compensation
- Slip and fall accidents
Our attorneys will meet with you individually and discuss the merits of your case. They will review the incident, review the course of medical treatment necessary to restore you to health, and determine who was negligent, and to what extent.
Once your case has been accepted, our Atlanta animal attorneys will aggressively represent you, helping you obtain the fair compensation you deserve for your injury.