Medical malpractice in Atlanta occurs when a medical professional fails to provide the correct treatment for a medical condition. This can be either by omission, misdiagnosis, or inadequate care. As a result, the patient suffers a physical injury due to this negligent care. Medical malpractice can occur at any level of medical treatment. This includes:
- Hospital or care facility personnel
- Doctors, nurses or nurse practitioners
- Test administrators and other technicians
When you are seeking legal assistance in Atlanta for a medical malpractice case, you want to find a firm with the following qualifications:
- A professional law firm that has lawyers who specialize in this type of case.
- Lawyers that understand how medical malpractice cases affect the client on a personal level.
- An attorney that has the support and resources of additional lawyers in their firm to aggressively represent your case.
- A firm that will treat your case as if it is the only case that their firm is handling.
- A Georgia law firm that has the reputation of winning.
All law firms are different, and they specialize in different areas of law. This fact even applies to personal injury lawyers. You want to seek legal advice and help from a firm that is experienced in medical malpractice so that you can have the best representation for your injury.
Unlike many other personal injury cases, a medical malpractice suit requires a group of skilled legal professionals to evaluate the case and the negligent act. You need a team of law professionals that can evaluate the medical information and course of treatment and find where the mistakes occurred. You need a legal team that is capable of understanding your medical condition and is able to seek just compensation.
Under the law, you are entitled to specific compensation when you have been injured by a medical practitioner due to malpractice. These damages may include:
- Costs of long-term care to treat the new condition caused by the malpractice.
- Loss of current and future wages.
- Pain and suffering due to the act of malpractice.
- Loss of enjoyment of life as a result of the injury.
- If death is a result of the medical malpractice, your loved ones may be due separate compensation.
When you have been injured by a medical professional, your goal is to fully recover from that injury. Recuperation time should be spent concentrating on recovery; it should not be spent worrying about your financial welfare. Stress and worry will only lead to a longer recovery period.
Injured parties should seek the legal counsel of an Atlanta personal injury lawyer and allow them to worry about the costs of your recovery. A personal injury attorney can ease the financial strains of an injury and seeking compensation from the offending party.