However, there are many occasions when a person, believing they are safe, actually are not, and it is a direct result of negligence of the business owner. Negligent security is a serious issue, and it is one that can bring great harm to the clients of the business.
When a business fails to provide a safe area in which to conduct business, they are placing the clients at risk. Injuries may result from slip and falls, to criminal activity. It is the implied duty of the business to avoid these types of situations and protect their clients.
Negligent security actions may include:
- Failure to provide a well-lit walking area for the clients to enter and exit the building
- Failure to provide a well-lit parking area, which may encourage criminal activity
- Failure to install a working security system in the event a criminal activity takes place while there are customers in the business.
This negligence may also include actions that are directly related to the employees also, such as:
- Failure to light up dumpster area for employees to empty trash
- Failure to provide a safe parking area for the employees, especially if employee parking is located in a different area then customer parking
- Failure to provide a security plan in the event of criminal activity
If you are a victim of an injury sustained due to the negligence of a business owner to provide adequate safety measures, you should seek the counsel of an Atlanta personal injury attorney. An attorney can review your case and determine if there is negligence involved.
A personal injury attorney may be able to help you with this type of case, or any other personal injury including:
- Medical malpractice
- Auto or truck accidents
- Defective products
- Animal attacks
- Workers compensation
- Defective medical devices or medication
- Slip and fall
As the victim of a negligent action, you have specific rights under the law in Atlanta. This includes compensation for your injury, medical treatment, and other possible compensation, depending on the severity of the incident and the negligence. An experienced Atlanta attorney will be able to help you determine which of your rights have been violated, and what compensation you are due.