Public transportation in Atlanta is a service that is intended to help and serve the citizens of an area. Public transportation includes: buses, subway or rail systems, shuttle services managed for the government, and in some cases taxi service.
When using public transportation, the passenger believes that they will be safe. Failing to provide for the safety of the passenger is a negligent action on the part of the transportation service.
There are many different ways that negligence can cause harm to a passenger of public transportation, these include:
- Failing to keep entrance-ways and exits clear of debris
- Failing to maintain clean walkways (applies to buses, subways and rail systems)
- Failing to provide adequate lighting
- Failing to provide adequate security
- Equipment failure, such as broken seats, steps or doors
- Equipment failure that results in toxic fumes entering the seating area
- Driver negligence resulting in passengers being injured by the vehicle itself
There may be other negligent actions that can occur, and an attorney can review any incident to see if there has been a negligent act committed which results in an injury.
If you have been injured in any manner due to public transportation, you should seek the assistance of an attorney. An Atlanta personal injury attorney can review your case and help determine if you are entitled to compensation.
You may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical expenses, both current and future in relation to the injury
- Loss of wages
- Pain and Suffering
- Permanent disability
- Loss of the enjoyment of life
- Loss of the ability for gainful employment
- Retraining for new employment
There may also be additional causes for compensation. Your attorney will review your case individually and determine the best cause of action. If your loved one has died as a result of this accident, you may be entitled to file a wrongful death suit against the offending party.
A personal injury attorney is experienced in negligent acts that result in an injury. Most attorneys in this field of law also represent clients for injuries sustained in:
- Car accidents
- Work related injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Defective products
- Dangerous medications
- Defective medical equipment
- Maritime injuries
- Truck accidents
There is an implied trust that a citizen has in a company that performs public transportation services. When this trust is broken, due to the negligent action, and an injury is incurred, the victim of that accident is entitled to compensation under the law. To ensure that your specific rights are protected when you are injured, contact an attorney.