When a company fails to provide this type of services to the public, a slip and fall accident can occur. If this negligent action causes an injury, the injured party has the right to compensation.
Negligent actions by a property owner or manager can include:
- Failure to remove snow and ice from a walkway.
- Failure to post wet floor signs.
- Failure to clean spills.
- Elevators, escalators and moving walkways that are not properly maintained.
- Stairwells that are not maintained.
- Stairwells that are not properly lit.
- Parking areas that are not maintained.
- Merchandise or other objects being stored in walkways creating a hazard.
- Uneven pavement in walkways and entrance areas.
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, you must notify the appropriate people at the business and seek immediate medical attention. Once you have received medical attention, you should seek the legal advice of an Atlanta personal injury attorney.
In most cases, you will be immediately contacted by the insurance representative that represents the company where you were injured. It is important to decline providing a written or verbal report to the adjustor until you have spoken to an attorney. The adjustor can misrepresent your claims, hurting your ability to receive compensation.
A personal injury lawyer will evaluate the incident and your injuries during your initial consultation. You may qualify for different types of compensation, including:
- Loss of wages.
- Medical expenses.
- Extended medical care.
- Pain and suffering.
Since each incident is individually evaluated, the outcome of each case will be different.
A personal injury attorney will be able to help you with any type of injury that is a result of a negligent action. These may include:
- Medical malpractice.
- Dangerous medicines.
- Defective medical products.
- Defective merchandise that causes injury.
- Auto accidents.
- Motor home accidents.
- Commercial vehicle incidents.
- Negligent security issues.
- Wrongful death events
- Animal attacks.
- Work related injuries.
- Nursing home abuse.
- Insurance bad faith.
It is the obligation of the business to provide a safe place for clients to do business. When a company fails to provide a safe environment to conduct business, this is an act of negligence. Under Georgia law, people injured due to an act of negligence are entitled to compensation.
If you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident, first seek medical care, then seek legal advice. You should protect your rights as a victim, and the only way to do so is through legal representation.